French Lentil Rice Soup by Favorite Brand Name Recipes
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Stir together the broth, lentils, carrots, onion, celery, rice, garlic, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Remove 1 1/2 cups soup and puree in a food blender or with an immersion blender until almost smooth. Stir pureed soup back into the slow cooker.
Divide soup evenly among 4 serving bowls.